passport because your name has changed or your passport was issued to you with an error, please read the information below carefully to learn how to request a new or replacement U. The process and cost depend on how long it has been since your passport was issued. If your name has legally changed through marriage, divorce, or a court ordered change of name, you will need to apply for a new passport.I have been working on a new intranet site for a few weeks now, and everything has worked as expected.
Anything as simple as adding a tag or as complex as adding a set of nested controls would show up upon a debug restart. Then I decided I wanted to play around a bit with some of the Ajax Control Toolkit goodies.
I ended up installing the SP1 Update 2 for VS that was released today (
id=38188) while I was at it, as well as updating Nu Get and installing the Ajax Control Toolkit from there.
I added a couple tools, including a Script Manager and an Update Panel, and everything worked as I expected.
I then reverted to the restore point before updating VS, and used a backup of my site from earlier in the day before I added the Ajax Control Toolkit, and still, the problem persists. I feel like its related to the VS update, but that doesn't really seem to make sense. Change to Visual Studio Development Server instead of IIS, problem persists.
The only way I have found to force the correct, updated page to serve correctly is to "Stop Site" in IIS and then restart, which is simply way too much of a hassle to check minor changes to anything in my page.
I am using Visual Studio 2012 Express, IIS Express, . @Ed SF I push out to the production server with the copy website tool within Visual Studio.
I then went to make a few changes, and added a second Script Manager accidentally.
When I went to debug/run, it of course failed because you cannot have more than one on a page, so I removed the extra one and ran again. I went through and made sure I didn't accidentally add another one somewhere, did a search on all files in my project and it was the only instance of it, so I commented it out and ran it again. I tried a few things and ended up restarting IIS and VS and then the page behaved as expected.
Since that point, any changes I make in ANY of my files in the project no longer update without exiting IIS and restarting it. Rebuild of entire solution does not reflect changes.
New, very basic aspx or html files in the project do the same thing. Closing and reopening browser does not reflect changes. Creating a brand new empty web site and the problem persists.